|Rattlesden Gliding Club is in the position to offer student pilots up to 25 reduced flying rates.|
We are affiliated to the sports governing body, ‘The British Gliding Association’, under whose guidance the sport is conducted. All our instructors are fully qualified to the BGA’s high standards and all flying is under the direction of our Chief Flying Instructor.
Rattlesden Gliding Club has appointed a member who has had a CRB check done to oversee the Youth Pilot scheme. Please see the attached Child Protection policy for information. Parents are encourage to bring their son / daughter to the club on their first visit and are welcome at any other time.
Go Solo ...
What's in Return?
... then graduate to single seaters
|How Does it Work?|
The scheme works like this:
- The students help to ready the club gliders for the day and take them to the launchpoint under supervision of an experienced solo pilot.
- During the day they will be helping position gliders for take-off and returning them to the launch point when they land.
- At the end of flying they will help clean and put the gliders away.
- They will also have the opportunity to be trained to drive vehicles around the site.
- They will have cards to be signed off when they have been trained to do any of the above.
In return for this the club offers full training to solo (minimum age to solo is 14) for a low subscription rate which includes insurance, to cover accidental damage to club equipment, and reduced flying costs. Winch Launches are half price with the first ten minutes airtime free while training, after that airtime is charged at half price. Aerotows are charged at full price.
|Why Glide Anyway?|
Gliding is a unique sport and we are grateful for the help we have received from The Sports Council, The National Lottery and The Foundation for Sports and Arts during the last few years. We feel it is our duty as a local club to share these benefits with other groups within the community. Young blood is important in any sport and can lead on to other things. Who knows, in ten years time one of these young pilots could be flying you to your holiday destination from the flight deck of a 747.
You can download a copy of the above here